Redefine beautiful!

Friday, August 27, 2010

My Favorite Bodeci body Recipes

First things first, vegetables rule in all recipes.  Check out my  Bodeci Negative Calorie Soup from the recipe archives.  

These two recipes may not seem appetizing to some of you but I love them.  I guess it's a matter of taste for food that is whole, raw, organic and mostly vegetative.  Alter them according to your tastes.  The idea is to create meals made with 50% non-starchy vegetables.  (Now, I can't live without them.  Get them anyway you can!)



Zucchini flower pancakes with yogurt dip







Organic Zucchini Flapjacks with Raspberry Couli
Serves 2
2/3 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. oat bran
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar (less if using Splenda)
2 eggs, beaten
1 whole small zucchini, finely shredded
¼ cup milk
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Turn skillet on medium to pre-heat and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Add more milk if needed to make the consistency that of pancake batter. Pour batter into skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side. While flapjacks are cooking prepare couli (recipe follows). Serve flapjacks topped with couli. Garnish with a few whole berries.

Raspberry Couli: Microwave 1 cup frozen berries for 30 seconds. With a fork, mash the berries and add a little sweetener to taste.

I personally prefer the taste of savory to that of sweet when it comes to food.  So I adapted this recipe to suit my savory tooth (and the zucchini flowers are optional).  


Simply, do not add the sugar and add approximately 2 Tbsp. each finely chopped onion (I like scallions best),  red bell pepper and grated Parmesan cheese.  Sprinkle in and mix 1/4 tsp. dill or other favorite seasonings and salt and pepper to taste.  Once you have poured the batter into skillet, press flowers into batter and cook according to above.  


Yogurt dip:  1/4 cup Greek yogurt and a few splashes of red pepper sauce (I prefer Crystal).  Yummy and pretty!















Negative Calorie Meatloaf


This one was topped with Panko and Parmesan cheese.  Get creative!


Makes approximately 8 four ounce servings
Calories per serving: 114

1 lb. ground turkey breast, free range preferred
1 egg or ½ cup eggbeaters
¼ cup breadcrumbs, rice, or crushed rice cakes
A dash of soy sauce
2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
1 cup finely chopped vegetables (the same stuff as in the Negative Calorie Soup if you wish; use a food processor for best results)
I used "Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute" and salt and pepper.  (Use your preferred herbs and spices.)

Mix all ingredients and shape into six to eight patties and cook or put in a loaf pan and cook at 350 degrees as a meatloaf for approximately 35 minutes.








Ana's Chocolate Kaluha Cake

Ana happened to have an extra hunk of Chocolate Kaluha Cake on her person one day after class and insisted I take it home with me.  I wanted to eat the entire moist, dark, chocolaty desert while driving home from class.  I nipped a bite; you can see it lower left.  


So, I asked my lovely student, Ana, if I could share this recipe with all of you.  and she replied: 

"Absolutely! I changed it up to be healthier.  I use dark chocolate for everything!

package of dark choc cake mix
package of dark choc pudding (small box)
2 cups fat free or light sour cream
3/4 cup and a smidge more of non fat plain yogurt ( I like Mountain High not bitter)
4 eggs ( I use egg substitute 1 cup)
6 oz ( or more) choc chips
1/3 to 1/2  cup or more of Kaluha (I like Kaluha so a little more for me. lol)
Combine in bowl mix it all up until well blended. Stir in choc chips. Pour into well greased ( I use the spray) and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.



Mind you I have changed it to reduce the calories, however, it works for me 'coz I can eat more with less guilt!!! LOL Have a great day"



So what is your weakness?  Share your fave recipes.  













No comments:

Post a Comment