Redefine beautiful!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

How I Live BODECI!

I had a rough day Tuesday.  My oldest son, visiting from college, battled a hideous stomach flu.  (We thought he was hung over.)  I listened as he vomited (or dry heaved) for more than twenty-four hours.  I could hear him while I trained clients even though my studio is detached somewhat from my home.
When I wasn't training or teaching my class, I was running ice chips to him as he was becoming severely dehydrated.  By midnight, I finally climbed into my bed and passed out.


I have early clients on Wednesday, so I was up a 4:30.  I didn't sleep enough and felt it.  By the time I could take a nap, a friend came by.  We blabbed for about an hour until I finally begged off.  It was now almost 5:00 PM.  A nap at this hour is not such a good idea.  I also wouldn't be able to relax knowing I had a ton of things I needed to tend to.

I decided to live BODECI!

With BODECI, you don't think, you simply BEGIN!


I ORGANIZED my home and only cleaned what truly needed cleaning.  I ORGANIZED all of my work related stuff so I could easily work on my blog, finish emails and deal with the mountains of paperwork for my son's college financial aid. (Will this ever end?)



I needed to DRINK a lot of water to get my energy flowing again.  So I filled one of my favorite bottles with water and sipped it constantly from my favorite glass.



I moved quickly and with purpose, creating a kind of EXERCISE for my body.  The best kind of exercise for me is when I'm getting things done.



I felt like having some of the Coke my son had in the fridge, (I know, me?) but I also wanted to enjoy one of my favorite drinks, the Bodecitini.  So, I CHOSE my poison!  (Isn't it pretty?)



Bodecitini
In a shaker:  Ice, 1 jigger vodka (1 1/2 oz.), a splash or more of pure pomegranate juice, half cup of Perrier.  Shake well and pour into a martini glass.  Nice anti-oxidants to that of the vodka!  


The entire time I ran around, I IMAGINED I was in Tuscany, Italy.  I live in the most beautiful place! Why not appreciate it's splendor and feel the richness of being so grateful?




BODECI is loving your life, just as it is now.  To not wish away what you have, but to embrace all of what you are right now, at this very moment.  I am grateful to be!

5 comments:

  1. Debra,

    I could use a "Bodeci" moment right now - but it'll have to wait! As soon as I get off this darn laptop, I've got to ready for some dinner guests. I guess I have one or two tomorrow.
    Love the color scheme of the "new" blog. It brings out the green in your eyes in your pretty profile picture.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sent you two return comments! Why are they not showing up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring post! Makes me want to clean my house too. Thanks for your sweet note on my blog. I look forward to reading more of yours and figuring out what is bodeci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through a comment on How to Be Chic. I love the concept of living a BOECI life - something I need to do. Will keep checking back for more great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments, girls! It means a lot to me to have your interest in my blog! Look forward to a series on joyous weight loss and muscle toning!

    ReplyDelete