Redefine beautiful!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

13 days later...

I am still alive!  Wow, I used to brag how I rarely got sick, but when I did, I would be the first getting over it.  Not this time.  I have been humbled!

Now on my second week with an awful head cold, I am due to leave to Nashville for another John Lennon art show.  It will be held at the Franklin Art Fair and we are the featured main event.  I would love to travel with a clear head, but I guess I have been really lucky all these years and this time is an exception to the rule!

OK, I must confess:  I have been completely alcohol free for a month.  Yes a month and I want to say, I do not miss it.

Do not get me wrong! I have never been the kind of person to think drinking alcohol was "bad" for you and, in fact, have a reputation as a trainer to be very lenient with alcohol.  Well, I kind of had to be, after all, I would be a hypocrite to suggest to a client to give up something I wouldn't.


This is the fuel source now.  It's just water!

All the power just seemed to fizzle from my nightly glass of wine or vodka/ soda with a squeeze one day.  I had just gotten back from Sarasota, Florida and I became obsessed with trying to lighten up our monthly expenses.  (Those boys in college, you know!)  My husband and I decided to turn our pool into a self-sustaining pond, complete with fish and lily pads.  Then the sun came out and my energy escalated and the next thing we knew our vegetable garden was planted.  Without my even realizing it, I had not had my nightly fix!  Was it because my stress level went down?  Was it because my husband decided he didn't want to drink anymore?

Whatever my reasons doesn't matter much to me.  I have had my share and if I should want to have a drink in the future, so what?  But for now, this feels really good!  Oh, and I don't have that monkey on my back saying, "Well, you drank alcohol and it depletes your vitamin C, so that is why you got this cold so intensely!"

No, I just got a bad cold.  So what?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been sick, but it does sound like you're on the mend. I hope Nashville is a huge success.

    Agreed...the no alcohol regime has its benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra,

    I too have been cutting back on alcohol, it's not good for your bones and I read something awhile ago that to decrease breast cancer risk women should have no more than a few drinks per week. Also I agree that the expense does add up. I still have my daughter in college as well so every cent counts!

    Good for you for going a whole month!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you are on the mend and sorry you have been so ill. I have to admit that when I stop drinking wine nightly my skin does appear to be much clearer. xx

    ReplyDelete